Sunday we celebrated Aubri's 3rd Birthday with lots and lots of good friends! I asked Aubri who she wanted to invite to her party and she was telling me names and I was helping with others. By the time we finished, we decided we needed to have 2 separate, yet together parties. That said, we had her "little" friends party from 2-4 in the afternoon immediately followed by her "big" friends party from 4 to into the evening, that portion being a good amount of the Above & Beyond Everest Team. They are like a family to our family and we love it, especially Aubri and she wasn't about to leave anybody out, bless her little heart!
Not to take away from the delight of the day and her spotlight, but 5 days prior to this HUGE party day I was sick with Influenza. It had me knocked down for all of that time and I was in bad shape, it was very nasty stuff. Anyway, Trace made mention several times that we should cancel the party (since it was a lot of work for me and he knew I wasn't well at all). I wasn't about to let that happen and ruin her birthday and her parties. Afterall, the weather was perfectly perfect and gorgeous and we had confirmation from tons of friends who were going to be in attendance. It was have been an utter shame to cancel. So...I sucked it up and with the help of Grandma Joanie making the cakes and helping throughout the day, I pulled off one heck of a party for our soon to be 3 year old. It was perfect.
The first portion was her little friends...there were 8 plus all of their parents, so all in all I think we had roughly 20 people. We ate light snacks, played 'Stick the Flower on Minnie', had a pinata, opened gifts, and ate cake! Take a look...

From Left Back to Right: Dr. Deming, Teresa, Emelia, Debi, Dr. Rinehart, Matt, Scotty, Kathy Tomoko, Aubri, Karen, John, Angie, Trevor, and Myron
Also present at the party, but in the picture: Trace, Peggy, Mary and her 2 children Ana & Luke
Not to take away from the delight of the day and her spotlight, but 5 days prior to this HUGE party day I was sick with Influenza. It had me knocked down for all of that time and I was in bad shape, it was very nasty stuff. Anyway, Trace made mention several times that we should cancel the party (since it was a lot of work for me and he knew I wasn't well at all). I wasn't about to let that happen and ruin her birthday and her parties. Afterall, the weather was perfectly perfect and gorgeous and we had confirmation from tons of friends who were going to be in attendance. It was have been an utter shame to cancel. So...I sucked it up and with the help of Grandma Joanie making the cakes and helping throughout the day, I pulled off one heck of a party for our soon to be 3 year old. It was perfect.
The first portion was her little friends...there were 8 plus all of their parents, so all in all I think we had roughly 20 people. We ate light snacks, played 'Stick the Flower on Minnie', had a pinata, opened gifts, and ate cake! Take a look...
Aubri enjoying some "light" snacks!
I was having a little trouble with the blindfold...Aubri was very patient with me while everyone else laughed!
I gave her a flower and a spin and she's off...
Sticking it on minnie!
WOW...check it out. It's almost perfectly on the outline on the poster! Blindfolded.
What a gal! She's good.
Next up...Ella!
Now Andre and all of the rest of the children.
Phillippe so graciously helping with the Pinata...Aubri's up first to pull a string!
Next....One by one they take turns to pull a string, waiting for the candy to fall out!
It's close...oh, the suspense!
BINGO/YATZEE/JACKPOT!
They've all gone wild collecting the goodies.
Minnie in the howse!
Oh yeah, party on, here we go.

Group picture...minus a few kids.
Gabi, Ana, Trevor, Aubri, Ella, Andre
Group (almost) hug!
Time to open Presents!!!
She was all about this and went from one to the next.
She was very expressive in her opening! Hilarious
Sometimes had comments and other times not.
It was cute to watch all of her friends watch her!
A Princess tent from Gabi & Andre & Isabela
She was very excited about these new Jammie Wammies from Grandma & Papa Kendig!
In a silly, kinda deep, 'as if' voice, she said, "Ahh...socks."
Trevor was crackin funnies and making Gabi laugh!
She was also very interested in the cards and was excited to open those as well.
Then she would read them to us!
They usually said something like this..."Happy Birthday Aubri"
Leap Frog Learning Toy from Ella! She'll be able to learn her letters and how to write them with this cool little toy. Love it.
Appropriate for her theme...A Minnie Doll; I couldn't resist!
New black boots from Aunt Sarah.
Ooh...this ones stuck in there good!
A doll, Christmas movie, and a Spin Art machine from Grammy & Grampy Baker.
They all gather in close as she opens the BIG one.
A new doll house from Grandma & Papa Kendig.
A quilt for her new room from Nita & Jerome along with a puzzle!
Party 2 of 2 is off to a good start with some entertainment from the kids, conversation & bowls of chili!
The Everest Gang has arrived.
This group is awesome! We love each one.From Left Back to Right: Dr. Deming, Teresa, Emelia, Debi, Dr. Rinehart, Matt, Scotty, Kathy Tomoko, Aubri, Karen, John, Angie, Trevor, and Myron
Also present at the party, but in the picture: Trace, Peggy, Mary and her 2 children Ana & Luke
More presents to open: Snow Man from Dr. Deming!
Giving her snow man hugs!
The gang watching on as she opens her gifts.
John helping her read the card from him!
Yikes...another tough one!
A cutesie pink sweater from Tomoko!
New Woo Woo Shoes from Emelia!
She had to get those on her feet right away!
And with Emelia's help she did!! She pranced around in these the rest of the night.
A horse from Karen & Matt.
My Little Ponies from Trevor, Myron & Angie.
A Tiara, feather boa, and fancy purse from Kathy!
Our Birthday Minnie!
She insisted John take this picture with her in front of her table!
Happy Birthday to You! Prepare to blow out your candles.
Nicely done!
Theresa & Peggy showing Aubri the chicken dance!
Aubri insisted on some "Ring-Around-the-Rosie" before people left!
And some more!
Karen havin a quick chat with Aubri before they leave!
This is a picture of the insane amount of gifts she got for her 3rd Birthday from friends. Completely nuts. She (we) are so blessed.
Thank you to all!
It was such a busy, busy day...and I realized we got NO, Zero, Nill, None, Not One picture of the 3 of us this special day. So, I got this one of the two of them as we were all relaxing and/or sleeping on the couch before bedtime.
All Aubri wanted was her blanket from Nita & this Dinosaur!
The Invitation
The Minnie Cake
The 2nd Cake
The Table Display
The Stick the Flower on Minnie Game
It was a great day!
We love you Aubriana

































































Wow so many gifts - she could open her own play house for children. Looks like she had a wonderful day!! You are blessed!!
ReplyDelete