Thursday, November 1, 2012

Apple Pies

It's tradition that every Fall we make multiple homemade apple pies!  WE consists of Grandma Joan, Grammy Baker, Aunt Stacey, and myself.  Unfortunately, this year Grammy & Stacey weren't able to be with us, but we did add a member...Aubri!  She caught right on to our system and did an awesome job helping.  She was a pro, like she'd done it before in years past.

In addition to pies this year, Joan also made cake pumpkins so we had a lot going on the kitchen at once.  We are busy, have fun, and make a BIG mess!  Our time from start to finish, including clean-up this year was just around 3.5 hours.

I love having these pies on hand in my freezer throughout the winter months to pull out whenever I see fit.  It's great to have friends over and enjoy homemade pie and ice cream rather than always buying one or just not having one at all.

These are super easy and super yummy!  A favorite in our home.


 First we use the awesome Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer gadget to prepare the apples.
 Aubri volunteered for this job immediately and did an outstanding job!

 Then she jumped over to the homemade crust station to help with those!
 The pie-makin crew!
 Baked just enough to freeze.
 The girl's decorated their own pumpkin cakes!
The finished products!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you face when you are peeling that apple Aubri! Looks like you were a fantastic helper!! I love making pies with you all -- too bad I live so far away!! Someday again!! Love you all!! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete