Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back to School!

It's that time already...school.  And not just any school, this is the BIG year!  KINDERGARTEN...OMG, how did this happen so stinkin fast?  My baby girl won't be with me all day anymore.  Instead of hanging at home, going shopping, running errands, etc, she will be at school ALL.DAY.LONG.  Wow, I'm not ready for this.  BUT...she is so excited, and for that, I am grateful and even excited for her!!  This way is definitely better than the alternative.

Get ready Clive Elementary for an awesome little girl!  I am jealous you get to spend more time with her during the day now than I do.





 Her cubby at school.
 Her sweet teacher, Mrs. Cheeley.
 Her classroom assistant, Mrs. Miller.
 Putting her things away in her locker.


 1st Day of School 2014-2015!

My girl and her daddy!

So...

Aubri was doing super great at school besides the fact she was coming home everyday saying she didn't have a good day and that Colin was not nice and was always in trouble.

We had received a letter in the mail informing us that this school was a school in need of assistance due to not reaching appropriate scores on testing for 3 years in a row - they were in 70%.  In this situation they have to offer another school with higher marks that we had the choice to switch to.  Jordan Creek Elementary was that school and their scores were in the 90%, in fact, 99%.  Quite a difference.

Now, we had a really hard decision to make.  There were so many positives about staying right where she was: less than 2 blocks from our house, I got to take her and pick her up every day, I was so close to be able to volunteer and help out as needed, not to mention, she really did like it there and her teacher was great!

But...on the flip side, we wanted her to get the very best education she could without anyone slowing her down or affecting her learning negatively.  The school is super diverse and many kids can't even speak English.  Aubri was constantly trying to speak Spanish, which is great and we want her to learn other languages, but first we want her to be competent in English and focus on that.

After much thought and discussions, we decided to make the switch and we are so thankful we did.  Jordan Creek Elementary is awesome and she is doing extremely well.  Her teachers, Mrs. Deatrick and Mrs. Decker are fantastic and it's been so fun watching her learn and grow, read and spell!

She rides the bus now to and from school and loves that as well.  Her day is longer, but it's working out!  She leaves home at 8:13 and returns at 4:45.  I am always anxiously awaiting her arrival in the afternoon.  Trace thinks I'm crazy cuz I'm watching out the window at 4:30, excited to see her!!  

 Last day at Clive Elementary.
 Aubri & Mrs. Cheeley
 Aubri will be greatly missed by all!
 Jordan Creek Elementary!
 First bus ride!
77 in the morning, 58 in the afternoon.
See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment