Sunday, March 13, 2011

Date Night!

Friday night, I enjoyed a date night all alone (for most of it) with my awesome hubby!  We have had a busy couple of weeks with the bathroom remodel and all.  Trace was tired, frustrated, exhauxted, sick.  I was tired of our house being so messy and dusty, stressed, and antsy.  It was time for some "US" time. 

Aubri went to Grandma & Papa's house in Elkhart for the night while Trace & I went out on the town!

We decided to venture out to Ingersoll Wine & Spirits 24th Anniversary Wine Tasting Event at the Hotel Fort Des Moines Grand Ballroom.  There were 15 tables of vendors with over 100 different wines from around the world.  Also available was a huge table of snacks to nibble on throughout the event...chicken strips, chicken wings, cheese & crackers, meatballs, fruit, bread, and more.

My favorite wine of the evening...Pomegranate Re Vah Semi Sweet Red Wine Armenia!

It was a neat experience and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We had great intentions of going for coffee and dessert then to a late movie after the wine tasting.  Instead, we met some friends at Irina's for coffee and a salad then headed home at 9:00 p.m.  We were both falling asleep at the table and wanted nothing more than to go home to bed and sleep in till Noon!  We did just that, except we were up at 10:00.

It was a wonderful evening!  Babe, I'm so glad we made time to be together all alone.  I had a blast with you and look forward to our next "Date Night"!!  I love you.

 

1 comment: