I almost forgot all about this post. Last Sunday, we all went to a potluck at the Cancer Center. The purpose of this event was to bring everyone together who is going on the Everest trip and their families. It was great to meet everyone and know who Trace would be spending his 3 weeks with treking up Mt. Everest. All of the staff going were also there this night so we got to meet the entire crew.
I suppose I should back up a little bit for those of you who may not know what's going on...OR, maybe by now you do with all of the news coverage that's been taking place this past week. If not, I'll fill you in. Trace's Radiation Oncologist has been talking to him for a long time about a group of people going to Nepal to climb half way up Mt. Everest with World Triathlete, Charlie Whitmack. A team would join Charlie half way then Charlie will finish the triathalon up to the top. After a year of talk, it's finally arrived. Dr. Deming did indeed ask Trace to go and better yet, the entire trip has been paid in full for him.
So...Sunday night was the potluck for everyone to gather to meet, visit, eat, and enjoy the evening together!
I suppose I should back up a little bit for those of you who may not know what's going on...OR, maybe by now you do with all of the news coverage that's been taking place this past week. If not, I'll fill you in. Trace's Radiation Oncologist has been talking to him for a long time about a group of people going to Nepal to climb half way up Mt. Everest with World Triathlete, Charlie Whitmack. A team would join Charlie half way then Charlie will finish the triathalon up to the top. After a year of talk, it's finally arrived. Dr. Deming did indeed ask Trace to go and better yet, the entire trip has been paid in full for him.
So...Sunday night was the potluck for everyone to gather to meet, visit, eat, and enjoy the evening together!
This is Dr. Richard Deming. Aubri loves him and he loves her!
She loves the stairs...
...and she loves her daddy!
Visiting with Dr. Rhinehart and his wife.
Aubri making herself a name tag to wear!
Introductions
First: The Survivors
Trace (and Aubri & I)
Lynette and her family
Karen and her family
Justin and his wife of 1 month
Emilia and her parents
Gail and his wife, Carol
Kathy
Brandon and his wife
Peggy and her husband, Dean
Bobby with his parents and sister
Teresa and her son's
Lynn (her twin teenage girls arrived later)
Staff:
Mary (Trainer) and her family
Dr. Rhinhart (ENT) and his family. He is the other medical doctor besides Dr. Deming going on the trip.
I can't remember her name...another trainer; Yoga, I think!
Tracey (Journalist) and her husband
Brian (Writer) and Chelsea (Photographer & Videographer)
There are 14 Survivors plus staff and a few others going on the trip! This is a fantastic group of people; it's been great spending time with them, getting to know them. I know Trace will have a blast.
MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS OF THE EVENING:
They bought this guitar to take on the trip. Justin will play along the way!
Sittin with Doc listening to Justin play the guitar!
She couldn't sit long...she needed to shake her groove thang and dance!! She brought smiles and entertainment to everyone there. And...day's later, everyone's still talking about her!
This is the best picture I was able to get of Trace & I.
I can't believe he's going to NEPAL... and climbing MT. EVEREST....Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you so much, Babe!

































No comments:
Post a Comment