Friday, May 25, 2012

"Accidents Happen..."

This is a common phrase around our house lately.  Whether it's a spill, a mess, shutting off the computer or a tinkle in the panties, accidents do happen and it's okay!  Aubri has been fully potty trained, minus night time, for quite awhile now, but just recently has started having more accidents.  I think she waits and waits and waits before she goes to the bathroom and then she can't make it there in time.  Accidents happen! I also think she gets so busy playing that she doesn't take the time to go.  Accidents happen!  She needs to make more frequent trips to the potty so that hopefully this can end.  Overall, she does really well...but, accidents do happen.

Quick funny story.  The other day we were at Homemaker's looking at furniture for the girlies bedroom.  We are thinking bunk beds maybe, but are open.  We also need more dressers or drawer space so we're trying to decide what's the best think to do.  Anyway, we were looking, looking, and she had to go potty.  We rushed there, but she tinkled a little in her panties.  Accidents happen!  I didn't even bring extra clothes for this trip because it was suppose to be just a quick one.  I just took her panties off and stuck them in my purse and we continued upstairs to the children's area.  All was fine. 

Aubri was so wrapped up in shopping for new beds.  She was trying each and every one...climbing up ladders, laying on them, getting comfy, the whole nine yards.  We thought this would be boring for her, but whoa were we completly wrong.  In fact, I think she was so caught up in the moment of this fascinating furniture shopping that all of sudden she had to go...GONE.  Whoops.  I heard the word "poop" and was ready to take off to the bathroom again with her.  THEN, she pointed.  There is was...right on the floor of Homemaker's.  I quickly looked around to make sure no one saw what was going on then pulled the panties out of my purse and scooped it up.  You know, as you would do if you were walking your dog and they did their thing.  You, as a responsible adult would clean it up so others walking wouldn't step into it.  It's the courteous thing to do.

We went directly to the restroom again and dropped the evidence and cleaned up. 

Needless to say, that was the end of our shopping trip at Homemaker's and we left with NO cookies.  That was traumatic.  Accidents happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment