Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Day of Refreshing!

I set up some play dates last week, lucky enough to coordinate them both on the same day to minimize travel to the Adel area. 

These two dates were way over due and I was so excited about them both.  I was so looking forward to spending time with my friends and being surrounded by great conversation, smiling faces, adults, encouragement, understanding, validation, and love.

The entire day was filled with ALL of the above and More!  It was an awesome day and the girls had a lot of fun too, with very little disobedience and fighting. 

It was definately uplifting and refreshing!!  A bold reminder why I can't wait so long until the next date.


1st Stop:  Nitavonne's
 The girl's were excited to have Lacy join them for the morning.  They had fun playing together, laughing, hiding, and playing "monster" while Nita & I visited non-stop!  It was great to spend quality time with her again, it's been way too long, and I can't wait until next time already.  It needs to be soon!

We all had pizza for lunch together before we had to leave for our next date!  The morning went by way too fast and we were not even close to being finished with our conversation.


2nd Stop:  Amanda's
These kids played quietly and nicely for a long time before coming to ask for a popsickle!
Aubri was especially fond of sweet Isabela!
Aubri wanted to bring along tattoos in hopes of Gabi & Andre being all in favor of them too!
They were.  Isabela even joined in on the fun.


Aubri ~ Andre
 Adorable


My time with Amanda was spent catchin' up with each other.  It was just like old times talking about anything and everything with not enough time to finish.  I really miss those times of getting together so often when life wasn't quite as busy as it is now.  It's always a joy when I get to relax with her and just talk and listen!  I can't wait til next time...it can't come soon enough.  She understands me and I love that.
Thanks, Amanda, for today!  Love ya.

1 comment:

  1. i had a great time with you, too! what is wrong with us that that doesn't happy like once a week? that last picture cracks me up....my head looks way bigger than yours. i mean, i know it is, and all, but geesh! :)

    love the pictures of the kiddos!

    lets get together again next week. ?!

    ReplyDelete