If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
It's one I always look forward to and celebrate all day long. It always encourages me to think extra hard about displaying my deep love for my husband through gifts, cards, notes, messages, gestures, etc. I love him so very much and try to show him that I do on a daily basis, but this HEART day is just a great day to go all out, get creative, have fun, and connect all over again like it's a first date.
Call me crazy...I love it. This year I was giddy all day long; like a little kid on Christmas morning. I wore a smile all day and was just gooey with loving feelings and expectations of a great day and a greater evening. You see, it's also a night that I get my husband all.to.myself! Kiddos stayed with Grandma in Elkhart, overnight, and Trace & I are alone!
Our tradition, for now 3 years, is to go to 801 Grand (my Fav!) for dinner. It's the best food. I fell in love the first time and we keep going every year now. I'm the one who usually chooses the cheapest meal on the menu and am very price cautious when we go out...but, not at this place. It doesn't even bother me to drop $200 bucks because it's so good and special AND...it's Valentine's Day!! Another bonus about coming here is that I get to dress up! I don't do this very often so I get excited when I get a chance to.
This year we were joined by friends, which made it a little different, but really, really good! I welcomed my idea of having these friends join us; I knew that when we got home it would just be the 2 of us.
Valentine's day was GREAT! I always get waaaaay spoiled and enjoy every second of the day.
*Trace, my best friend, my soul-mate, my lover, my husband....I LOVE you so much!!!!!!!!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
This beautiful arrangement was at our table for me! My husband is always so thoughtful!!
Our tall people picture spot!
Our friends & us at dinner.
Trace's gifts waiting at home.
Candlelight style.
Valentine's Day isn't just about me anymore! I love it because I get to enjoy it with our daughter too and spend quality time together doing fun, loving things. Aubri & I got to go to the mall and do Build-A-Bear then get some lunch. It was a ton of fun.
She also helped me make hearts and decorate our front windows. She & Daddy made a Valentine 3-D display as well. I've always enjoyed doing crafts with the kids and decorating for the different holidays.
It was a great day and a great weekend of love at our house and beyond!
The look on her face when I finally told her what her surprise was today...Build-A-Bear Workshop!
Rubbing the heart before putting it in her kitty.
Making the birth certificate. She named her Valentine!
Stuffing her kitty.
Dressing her kitty with new clothes and accessories.
Meet Valentine!
Feeling it to make sure it's just right.
Giving the heart a kiss!
Bathing her kitty.
Chinese for lunch afterwards.It gets 2 thumbs up!
Aubri & Daddy oh so carefully assembling the heart display!
Helping me hang up the hearts!
Gifts on Valentine's day.
She wanted to get Daddy a monkey that says, "I Love You"!
She was all giggles while opening her gifts of One Direction items!
Daddy loves both of his monkeys very much!!
She just couldn't believe it all.
The giggles & laughter didn't stop.
It continues!
Goes on and on...
One huge smile after the other!
Trevor's Valentine's loot!
Aubri's Valentine's loot!
Trevor was super excited and happy about all of his new things!
They both got very LARGE dogs from Grandma Joanie!
It was ONE happy and Love-filled weekend at our house.



























No comments:
Post a Comment