Sunday, November 22, 2009

Annual Shopping Trip


Watch Out...Here we come!
What a fantastic weekend!! It was our annual shopping trip weekend and let me tell ya... it was a BLAST! Every year since 2003 we, that is, myself, my mom, my mother-in-law, my aunts, and my cousins, pick a weekend to go Christmas shopping in Des Moines. We get a room at Studio Plus or Chase Suites, where we have stayed the past couple of trips, start on Friday afternoon and go until Sunday afternoon, shopping, eating, laughing, fellowshipping, shopping, talking, enjoying one another's company, and more shopping! We always go for supper Friday evening with a bunch of other family members, including the men. Then we spend the rest of that night being silly and shopping at Kohl's until midnight. It's the usual night for throwing in Gordman's as well, although sometimes we hit that store either on Saturday or Sunday.j
Enjoying supper at The Machine Shed!


We always do a White Elephant gift exchange, which is always fun and entertaining. We have so much food and fun, it's just great. This year was a little different because my mom wasn't able to be with us since they live in Arkansas, so it just wasn't the same without her. Miss ya, mom! But, on a good note, Aubriana got to join us in the fun this year and she was a trooper. I tell ya, this girl knows how to shop. She did awesome!! Hats off to you, baby doll. Thanks for being so good so mama could shop like a fool.

The start of the White Elephant Gift Exchange!

Kathy got Advil! Ya Hoo

Stacey got some chocolate and drink mix...not sure how old it is!
This was my gift, I really wanted the snowman...nobody even stole it from me!My cousin, Stacey, and I
The was mouth...we all had these a few years ago, and I brought mine out this year to show Samantha and Miranda.

Anyway...I had a fabulous weekend; the weather was perfect, Aubri did awesome, had lots of fun and good times, AND, I accomplished almost all of the Christmas shopping in one weekend. I think I have 2 people out of almost 20 people left to buy for, so I'm feeling pretty good!

Aubriana with her antlers!
Miranda, Aubri, me, and Samantha at the Mall Saturday!
The crew approaching Old Navy!


Let's just say, these are our "special" socks...unfortunately almost everyone forgot to bring theirs along this weekend, but it is a part of the annual trip!



My Aunt Sharon and I

Even Aubriana has some!


This was Kathy and I after 11pm at Kohls Saturday night...we were ready for bed!

Sunday back to a mall!
Then...HOME. Thanks for a great weekend ladies. I enjoyed myself!








2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun time! it's fun to be crazy! i would love to do that with my family! hope you got tons of shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck man??? miranda and samantha got to go but i ALWAYS got left behind!!! NO FAIRRR!!!! *pouts*

    ReplyDelete