Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Morning!

We had our family Christmas together on Christmas morning.  Aubri woke up, woke me up, and went downstairs to sit right in front of the tree.  She.was.ready!!  She grabbed a present and started pulling the paper off.  I stopped her and told her we had to wait for Daddy.  She was okay with that and we had breakfast first instead.

It didn't take Daddy long to get downstairs and as soon as he did, Aubri was right back at the tree pulling presents out again.  She had to wait again!  Poor baby.  We made coffee first and prepared for opening gifts.

 I want to open presents NOW...I'm tired of waiting!
I'll just hang out under the table until you people are ready to start.


One more thing before we tear into the gifts...reading the Christmas story from the Bible.  I love that we do this, that this is the kick off of opening presents.  We really want our kids to know the true meaning of Christmas and this is a great way to do it. 

We enjoyed our morning together as a family and we all got some fun gifts!

 She FINALLY got the go ahead.  This is more like it!


 She loved opening gifts.
 She had been trying to open this one for a week.  It's Daddy's from her...Magic Bullet thingy.
 Woo, Woo!  Ballet slippers, Tu Tu, and jewelry
 New baby doll
 She likes feeding her!
 My very own water bottle.


 Ellie absolutely LOVES opening gifts!
 Discovery Toys stacking toy...with lots of learning tools included.
 Crafts...water globes.
 More crafts from Grammy & Grpa Baker...purse!

 Yes!  Money and gift cards from my parents.
 My stocking from Trace was full of money!! He knows what I like.
My big gift from him was my brand new Nikon D3000 DSLR camera that I got early! 
 Aubri looking through her stocking with Daddy's help.
 Beautiful!
 A look at the goodies Aubri & I made together prior to Christmas.
This was the first year ever or at least in a very long time that we have sat down and had a family meal (just the 2 or 3) of us together on Christmas Day!!  It was wonderful.  Trace made the ham and I did the side dishes of mashed potatoes, green beans, and crescent rolls.  It was delicious!

My brother, Jayme arrived early afternoon to spend the day with us.  It was wonderful having him here for Christmas.  We did a ton of talking, catching up, and reminiscing.  It was great fun and I enjoyed every minute of his visit.  Aubri sure loved him too.  She hasn't spent a lot of time with him so it was nice that she was able to hang out and get to know him better.  She really likes him, had to know where he was at all times, and continues to ask about him daily since he's been gone.

 She found her bear right away upon waking up from her nap.  Jayme didn't have it wrapped and she brought it in to us asking, "What's this?"
 "I love him", she kept saying.

 My brother!

 Aubri loves her Uncle Jayme.
 Checking him out.  Keeping a close eye on him!
 Time to say goodbye.
A kiss for the road.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome Christmas!! Lovely pics and happy faces!! Celebrating the true meaning of Christmas - that's what I call CHRISTmas!! I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete