This post is waaayyyyy late, but I'm still gonna share.
Trace & I have been going back & forth on what to do with our formal living room. Do we leave it a formal living room or do we renovate and change it to a formal dining room? Umm...that is the question.
Alright, so the furniture had to go...thanks to our little poodle, it was ruined due to her tearing and scratching it to get comfortable. So, that it did. Trace took a sledge hammer and lots of forceful kicks to it and tore the arms off so we could get it out of the house. It was a chore getting it in and we ruined some of our drywall when we did, so we weren't about to go through all of that again to get it out.
Initially, we decided that we would turn it into a formal dining room, but with a sitting area for our coffee time in the mornings. So, we went shopping and bought 2 chairs with a small table to go in between. This way, we've got chairs for it as is now, but they'll also work perfectly there when we remodel.
The furniture we bought didn't end of working out...the glass in the table didn't fit and we had taken it back twice already so decided that was enough of that.
Now, back to debating what to do.
Long story...it's staying a formal living room. We love the space for that and think it will be better utilized this way.
This is what we have now...I love it...it's modular, so if I get bored of this way, I can separate the pieces and change the whole look! It's perfect for our room.
Trace & I have been going back & forth on what to do with our formal living room. Do we leave it a formal living room or do we renovate and change it to a formal dining room? Umm...that is the question.
Alright, so the furniture had to go...thanks to our little poodle, it was ruined due to her tearing and scratching it to get comfortable. So, that it did. Trace took a sledge hammer and lots of forceful kicks to it and tore the arms off so we could get it out of the house. It was a chore getting it in and we ruined some of our drywall when we did, so we weren't about to go through all of that again to get it out.
Initially, we decided that we would turn it into a formal dining room, but with a sitting area for our coffee time in the mornings. So, we went shopping and bought 2 chairs with a small table to go in between. This way, we've got chairs for it as is now, but they'll also work perfectly there when we remodel.
The furniture we bought didn't end of working out...the glass in the table didn't fit and we had taken it back twice already so decided that was enough of that.
Now, back to debating what to do.
Long story...it's staying a formal living room. We love the space for that and think it will be better utilized this way.
This is what we have now...I love it...it's modular, so if I get bored of this way, I can separate the pieces and change the whole look! It's perfect for our room.
No comments:
Post a Comment