Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weekend With The Sullivan's

Trace's training wrapped up, I got off early, Aubri was loaded, and the tires on the Durango hit the road spinnin, headed North for Minnesota this past Friday afternoon!!

This is a trip we have had planned for a month or so...and is one we have been looking forward to even before it was a sure thing.  You see, we have some amazing friends in Rochester who we met during Trace's stem cell transplant and continue to stay in touch with.  Unfortunately (for us), they are moving to Texas next weekend so we took full advantage of their availability to hang out with us on their last weekend in Minnesota.  So, so glad it all worked out.  We had an incredible time...full of fun & relaxation, which is just what Trace & I so desperately needed.  Done!  We left feeling refreshed and ready to take on everyday life again.

FRIDAY:

 Waiting in the truck for them to arrive home.  We made great time on the roadways and arrived a little earlier than we anticipated.  They pulled in shortly behind us!  Aubri & Daddy hangin together.
 So serious.
 The kids warming up to one another.  It was adorable to listen in on the little conversations happening!
 Little Millie!
 Aubri thought it was great having a slide right inside the house!!
 Millie, Sylas, Aubri
These 3 had a great couple of days together!
 Sylas & Aubri so intently fixed upon something!?!
 Rushing like mad to the swing.  Aubri is ready for Daddy to swing her...HIGH!
 "Cheeeeeze"
 We had great intentions of placing the 3 youngins here at the picnic table for supper while the 4 of us ate together in the kitchen...it lasted a short time!
 Pinky Cheers!!
Sylas wasn't sure about Aubri goin in for a hug.  He's like, "Whoa girl, you're movin a little fast!"

The kid's played then settled into bed for the evening while we (adults) stayed up talking & laughing, listening to stories of Mt. Everest & personal disclosures, and discussions of politics 'til the wee hours of the morning.
There never seems to be enough time when we're together...the minutes & hours always pass by so quickly when we're together.  Tonight was great!

SATURDAY:

 Good Morning, Millie! 
Aubri is awfully fond of this little baby girl.

 It was a perfect day for the beach!
 Aubri had zero complaints!  She was all for fun in the sand & WATER!!

 Allison packed lunch for all of us so we had a picnic on the sheet before enjoying the water.
 Aubri wasted no time getting to the water!



 Millie spent a lot of her time in the squishy sand!  I think she had a few bites too.

 She's a little fish!
 Lovin this!

 Next stop:  Ice Cream - Sylas waits patiently!

 Trace and A-Mag!
Sylas & Arbi
Sylas calls Aubri, Arbi, and I just love it.  I have to say, no one has called her that before and I love that Sylas does!
 I wish I could jump inside their minds to listen to their thoughts!
 Dance ~ Dance ~ Dance

SATURDAY NIGHT:

A babysitter was got and just the 4 of us went out!  We started at a great Sushi restaurant for supper followed by a night of Karaoke.

I always fear eating sushi, but then when I do, I kick myself for not eating it more often.  Trace is always up for sushi...he loves it...after eating here Saturday night, I have been craving it and can't wait til I can get me some more.  I ordered HOT chicken terryiaki (spelling?), which was absolutely fabulous!! Then, I tried sushi rolls that the others ordered....YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!  Can't believe I ever deny it.

Next stop...Elks Lodge (or VFW or something like that - I can't remember exactly).  Anyway, it was Karoke Saturday Night and man, am I glad we went.  It was a blast!!!!!!!!!  Some of Allison's friends joined us too and we all had a wonderful time.  The night was perfect.

Trace took some slack for his "blue" drink!
Cheers to good friends, great times!
"Mickey"
Trace, Me, Sonia, Seth, Sarah, Matt
I was always unaware of when pictures were being taken...had my mind on finding more songs to sing!  Seth cracked us up over and over again this night.  He was a riot!  He's such a great guy...full of spunk, so much fun to be around, easy goin, loyal, and the list goes on and on.
Trace & I kicked off the evening singing "Stuck Like Glue", our family song!  We concluded the evening with one our wedding songs, "When You Say Nothing At All." 
I LOVE singing with my husband, among lots of other things, but singing is something that warms my heart.  Thanks, babe, for tonight!  I get giddy like a school girl when we're able to do things together like tonight...like sing together...or dance together.  I love you!
I think we finally stopped laughing and went to bed around 2 or 2:30...Wait...I think we went to bed laughing at 2 or 2:30.  Any way, Seth had me laughin so hard, I was squealin and crying...he was killin me!

Sullivan's, we can't thank you enough for an awesome, fun, relaxing weekend with ya!  It was perfect.
Good luck to you as you begin your new life in College Station.
We can't wait to see you there in October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment