I have been wanting a toy room for a long time.
I have been talking about it and probably nagging a little about it for a very long time.
My persistance has paid off...and we now have a fully finished, beautiful toy room!
We had a bid from someone and were ready to hire him and have him begin work. Then, I asked Trace about talking to a really good friend of ours from up north about helping (hiring him to do it).
Low and behold, Tom was thrilled to hear from us and said it was perfect timing and he'd love to come spend some time here with us, helping! It was a God thing and we were ecstatic. With the help of Tom and some other friends, Trace's parents, us, and Aubri, we got the job done!!
It was fun seeing the project from beginning to end and the changes that were made. Trace did a great job and he said he enjoyed the project!
I have been talking about it and probably nagging a little about it for a very long time.
My persistance has paid off...and we now have a fully finished, beautiful toy room!
We had a bid from someone and were ready to hire him and have him begin work. Then, I asked Trace about talking to a really good friend of ours from up north about helping (hiring him to do it).
Low and behold, Tom was thrilled to hear from us and said it was perfect timing and he'd love to come spend some time here with us, helping! It was a God thing and we were ecstatic. With the help of Tom and some other friends, Trace's parents, us, and Aubri, we got the job done!!
It was fun seeing the project from beginning to end and the changes that were made. Trace did a great job and he said he enjoyed the project!
The work begins...and Aubri is right there to watch!
She was very loyal to being a part of this from the very beginning!! If she was home, she was involved downstairs in one way or another.
So excited!!
Thumbs up...she is saying "Awesome"
The framing begins. Tom on the right and Mike join Trace to help with the project.
Trace is working on framing up the ceiling.
The basement was all just cement walls and floors, totally unfinished when we began!
Helping Daddy mud.
This was a few day process. Aubri was always happy to assist! She liked working with Daddy.
More mud, please!
Quite a pair.
Oooh
Uh-Oh, it's on all of my fingers now!
Drywall is up, mudded and sanded. Now they're washing the walls to prepare for texture.
Wash, wash, wash
This is progress. It's coming right a long.
Working on the lighting.
Praying that is works and praising God when it does!
This pole is perfect for "Ring Around the Rosie"
Aubri jumps right up to help.
2 excited kids!
Joan and I painted this baby. She trimmed and rolled!
I rolled! And...got worn out. I was so happy to be done.
Primer then 2 coats of paint of ceiling & walls is a lot of painting!
Trim & doors are now up!
Lights are up...we're ready for carpet!
The carpet van pulling in the driveway!
The room is complete!!!
The kid's are thrilled!
Patient kiddos!
It didn't take them long to start playing!
All organized and almost decorated.
Lots of hours went into this room and I am so thankful I have such an amazing husband who put everything in motion and made this happen. He puts up with me and my nagging day in and day out and I appreciate him so very much! You're the bomb baby! We love YOU and we LOVE our new toy room!
Thanks, Daddy!!!
The carpet van pulling in the driveway!
The room is complete!!!
The kid's are thrilled!
Patient kiddos!
It didn't take them long to start playing!
All organized and almost decorated.
Lots of hours went into this room and I am so thankful I have such an amazing husband who put everything in motion and made this happen. He puts up with me and my nagging day in and day out and I appreciate him so very much! You're the bomb baby! We love YOU and we LOVE our new toy room!
Thanks, Daddy!!!







































Love that space! What a fun thing to have a space just for the kids! Happy for you to have it finished!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful!! Nice job!! You all worked so hard and it did pay off. Looks very nice. Aubri you sure looked dress up in the black and washing walls - did you stay clean - I love that little outfit!! I love the pics!!
ReplyDelete