Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Carrying on the Traditions.

Last year the day after Thanksgiving Trace & I talked about starting our very own family traditions.  Mutually it was decided that the day after we would spend the day as a family decorating the tree, putting up the Christmasy decorations, playing a game or watching a movie together and have a meal at Cracker Barrell.

We did it last year and we did it this year!  Yay...the yearly traditions are off to a great start.  It was perfect because Trevor was part of it last year and he was this year as well.

The kids & I did do the tree & decorations without daddy because he attended his dear Aunt Norma's funeral that morning.  She suffered from Alzheimer's and went to be with Jesus early last week.  She was a very sweet lady and I know my husband has lots of great memories of her from his childhood.  I do as well from our dating years.  I never saw her without a smile on her face and she always brightened everyone's day with her stories, kindness, gentleness, and loyalty.  She will be missed by all.

 Thumbs Up!  They're ready to rock 'n roll with putting the tree up.
 First they sorted the branches into piles according to the different colors..then prepared the base!
Then they took turns handing me the appropriate colors to put in the slots.
 While I strung the lights they played with this darling nativity scene Grammy Baker sent last year!
 They were both all about Baby Jesus.
 Hanging the ornaments...



 Lots of bulbs.
 Excellent job kids!
 Favorite place to eat!
 So excited to be here!
 As is Trevor!
 And Trace!
 "Oh no, where'd Aubri go?"

 Lovin' on Daddy!
 After Cracker Barrell we returned home to open a present from Arkansas!
 3 ornaments about the true meaning of CHRISTmas!
Thanks Mom & Dad
 Carefully choosing the perfect place on the tree for them!

 Some of my snowmen.
 The stockings are hung.
The precious nativity scene.

It was a PERFECT day!


No comments:

Post a Comment