Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eventful Week - Part 3

The last part of my "eventful week" I am referring to is my LAST week/day of work.  It was a very bittersweet week and I definately had my up's & down's.  I don't think the reality of what was happening so much had set it yet, but when I started taking my office apart and packing up all of my personal items, it hit me hard and was a little difficult.  It made me sad to be leaving "my" space and turning in all of my keys, phone, etc. 

I have worked at CIAC for 6 years and experienced a ton during those years, personal and business.  I grew in many areas and learned a lot.  I had a lot of emotions while at CIAC for these years due to a variety of things in my life and I was always embraced and supported by my co-workers, but especially by my boss.  She has been golden to me over the years and for that I will forever be grateful.  She & her husband, Justin, blessed my family & I so much through the years and continue to.  It's probably hardest for me to leave Johna and the work relationship we had.  We were a great team and just knew how to get things done together.  We were like peas & carrots, peanut butter & jelly, and chocolate & ice cream when it came to grant writing and reports.  I love her!

On the flip side, I am so blessed to finally be able to do what I've always wanted, and that is to stay home with our children.  The thought and idea of being a house wife and mother at home full time has always been on my heart.  The opportunity is here and I'm jumping on it!  I know it will be challenging and tough at times, but will also be fulfilling and rewarding.  I know without a doubt that it will have a positive impact on our children as they continue to grow and for that alone it is worth it.  I am excited to begin this new chapter in our life and look forward to the many memories we will make as a family.

I will still continue to contract with CIAC and work with Johna and my replacement on grant writing and reports over the next several months, which makes the transition out that much easier!

Cheers to my new adventure!  Thank you to God and my wonderful husband for this amazing opportunity!!


 The next several pictures are my office where I spent my day's away from home!

 I was the "pink" girl at work!


 Some of my co-worker's join me to keep me from crying as I'm packing!
We are a silly bunch.
 My Peggy Sue! I love her.
 Nikki, Noemi, Peggy
 This was the 1st(!!) of my 2 going away parties!  Johna prepared lunch for us all and we sat around eating and sharing stories and kind words on my very last day.  It was fabulous!!
 Wow!  It's beautiful.
 This was so nice...a perfect way to spend my last couple of hours!
 My amazing boss, Johna.
 This pretty pink vase filled with fresh flowers is mine to take!  Thanks, Peggy.
 Peggy replaced some ranch from Patrick's she took from me months ago!  I really wasn't mad, I promise.  Peggy is so silly and wanted to make things right from the ranch incident!!
Our Team...Johna, Me, Ronnie, Noemi, Tina, Nikki, Natalie


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome surprise! Even your office was pink - LOL. You had some great co-workers and boss!! I'm so happy you are able to stay home and be an at home mom. They are precious moments you'll never forget. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete