The last couple of weeks we've just been hanging out, adjusting to our new life, and working on getting a routine in place. We spend our mornings downstairs playing then off to the gym. Our afternoons consist of nap time and usually outdoor play time. We throw in trips to the store, the Botanical Center, and the park as well. There will be more, but this has been the past two weeks.
I'm looking forward to spending more time outdoors, especially by the pool. Hopefully that will begin this week. I know the girls will love it.
In addition to the above, three days last week were spent painting and working on the house. Grandma Joan was over those days helping me. I am so grateful for her willingness and even excitement to help! She does a great job and we have fun working together on these projects.
Outdoors
Outdoors
Sidewalk Chalk
Picnics
Indoors
Some very tired girlies after a long day of fun!
Decorating labels for water bottles for Dr. Deming and the team for their Race Across America!
Missed her nap...this is Aubri at supper eating, swearing she's NOT tired!
Trying her darndest to keep those little eyes open!
Painting: We are working on painting all of the doors white. In the next picture you can see what the doors in the kitchen look like prior to paint and the following shows how they look white. Much better! The white paint pulls everything together and makes the kitchen and eat-in look brighter.
In addition to the 3 doors we've completed so far, we also painted the entry way to the garage & basement and also the walls and ceiling going down to the basement.
BEFORE
AFTER
I loved the paint color we had in our formal living space in Adel so I incorporated it in our living room here as well. We just did 2 walls for now because I don't want the darker color to make the room feel too enclosed. Having the lighter color on the other two walls helps balance the space...cozy and comfortable yet still open and spacious.
BEFORE'S
AFTER'S


























Really looking nice!! I like it!!
ReplyDelete