Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Girl's Day Out!

So, when I got home from work on my LAST day, after my party and all...I picked up my sissy and we went to Jordan Creek to spend some time togeher, just she and I.  We never do this, never get time away alone.  I always have Aubri with me and we just never make it happen.  This trip, it was a must.  Grandma & Grandpa Kendig stayed with the girls and when Trace got home from work, he took over so we didn't have to pay close attention to the clock!



I had a blast hanging with my sister and it's something we're going to do every time we're together...just she & I; no kids, no guys!  She & Trace spend a lot of time together, but she & I.  Kinda weird, huh?  I know, it's rather silly & crazy really.  I guess I have always been waaaay too attached to Aubri and I never want her out of my sight so she's always been included.  I understand the importance of not doing it that way any longer.

We started off with a pedicure.  It was divine.  This was actually my sister's 1st real pedicure.  She was a little leary and nervous, but by the end she was glad she did.  We vowed this was something we would do every time we're together too!




Then we shopped around for a little while.  She was so great in helping me find a new top for my 2nd BIG Going Away Party!  I was looking for something sexy, since that was the dress attire for the evening, but not too sexy....I realize everyone has their own idea of what that looks like and mine is probably a bit more reserved than others...maybe, maybe not.  At any rate, I wanted to look nice, but be comfy and not uncomfortable.

She gave me good tips and I found the perfect top.  Of course, it was PINK!  It had to be.  I couldn't go out on this special night in any other color.

We enjoyed each other's company and had some great conversation.  I can't wait till next time!

On our way home, we stopped and grabbed a movie...

It was good!  I kept trying not to fall asleep during it, I was extremely tired.  I missed some parts, but finished it!  I was disappointed with the ending, I was expecting something different, but that's not the way it happened.  It was a true story.

It was refreshing to have such a nice afternoon with my sister on my last day of work!

I love you, Stacey!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to spend quality time together. Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete