I was inspired by a friend last week to spend more time in the kitchen baking! I cook daily and really enjoy making homemade meals for my family every night. I used to hate cooking, I mean, dread it. But, now since I'm home I like it a lot. I especially like knowing my children and husband are being offering healthy meals, balanced with veggies on a nightly basis. Don't get me wrong, I still cook pizza and mac & cheese and sandwiches too! But, for supper, I really try to cook a meat, potato, vegetable sort of meal.
I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen baking though. Cookies (from a package!) once in a while, but not much more than that or a once in a while chocolate pie or batch of scotcharoos.
So, the other day I saw a post on Facebook of a friend in a new apron she had just finishing sewing. Oh, how I wish I could sew and make cute little aprons...but, I can't so I'll keep pouting or just kicking myself for not sticking with it so many years ago.
To get to my point, she also mentioned with her post that she had made a batch of granola while wearing her new apron! I decided to try making homemade granola myself and I knew my husband would be very willing to try it.
So, I went to the store to get the ingredients and got started...
I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen baking though. Cookies (from a package!) once in a while, but not much more than that or a once in a while chocolate pie or batch of scotcharoos.
So, the other day I saw a post on Facebook of a friend in a new apron she had just finishing sewing. Oh, how I wish I could sew and make cute little aprons...but, I can't so I'll keep pouting or just kicking myself for not sticking with it so many years ago.
To get to my point, she also mentioned with her post that she had made a batch of granola while wearing her new apron! I decided to try making homemade granola myself and I knew my husband would be very willing to try it.
So, I went to the store to get the ingredients and got started...
Dry ingredients in one bowl.
Wet ingredients in another.
Then you put them together, mix, mix, mix and bake, bake, bake while adding additional nuts each time.
Finished product.
Trace approved, I will do this again!
Next time with apricots instead of cherries.
Did I mention I skipped my nap to do this?!




No comments:
Post a Comment