Aubri has been showing some interest in the potty for the past week or so. I ask her periodically if she would like to sit on her potty. Sometimes she shakes her head "yes", and other times she shakes her head "no". If it's yes, I help her take her diaper off and sit on it. If she says no, I simply let it go and we proceed with other things. I never push her or force her to sit when she doesn't want to. I offer and let her make the decision. I praise her when she chooses to sit on her potty chair even if it's just for a quick second! I always encourage it at bathtime or when we're changing clothes or her diaper anyway.
Well...this morning when I got her out of bed I took her right into the bathroom and put her on her potty chair. She went potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, it was so exciting and Trace hadn't walked out the door yet so I quickly yelled for him and he came running. We both went crazy with excitement about her producing. It was so cool!
We obviously re-enacted this picture because she has her diaper on now.
Mommy showing her what she did in her potty chair!
Aubri watching as we dump it into the toilet!
Aubriana helping me flush the toilet!
"Bye Bye", says Aubri.
This was a very EXCITING day in the Kendig household! Aubriana, you are amazing!!
Way to go Aubria!! We miss you lots and are excited to see you again!! You're growing so fast! I love you lots and lots and bunches and wholes and gobbles and gobbles and Aubri's full!!
ReplyDelete