Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tonight's the night...

Well, the time has finally come...it is upon me, and I'm not turning back now. I have been thinking about this for a long time, avoiding it for almost 2 years, and constantly think about it...BUT...it's got to be done, sooner or later, and it's here!

Tonight, I am leaving Aubriana overnight with Grandma & PaPafor the very FIRST time since she was born. She is 20 months old and I haven't yet been away from her for longer than a day that I'm at work.

I have her bag packed with lots of clothes and everything she MIGHT need. I've packed multiple stuffed animals, her pillow, and of course lots of blankets. I have been telling her about this and I think she understands! I know she'll be fine, it's me I'm worried about!!

One of my great friends turned the big 30 and we're celebrating tonight. The first part of the party includes families and children so Aubri will go to that with me before meeting up with Grandma & PaPa. From there, it will be adults only where Trace will join in after work.

I'm actually looking forward to getting out and spending time with friends without having to worry about being home at a certain time and I'm thankful Aubri will be in good hands while I'm away. I know she'll have fun and get doted on plenty!

Trace & I are going on vacation this fall to celebrate our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary so I thought this would be a great occasion to test an overnight on. We'll be gone for a whole week on vacation so I need to be well prepared.

Throw up a couple of prayers for me and my daughter tonight that we'll both do fine and separation anxiety won't be on overload for either of us! I'll let you know how the celebrating goes!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Grandma & Papa willtake good care of her and I bet they are ANXIOUS!! I'll throw some prayers up for you guys - Aubri knows them well and she'll be just fine. Someday Aubri will come ans stay with Grammy and Grandpa. I love and miss you guys!! Love you Aubri lots and lots and bunches and wholes and gobble and gobbles and Aubri's fulls!! Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for coming out! You made my night that much better@!

    ReplyDelete