Today started off by getting up at 7:30a.m. with hardly any sleep. Baby was up 3x to eat last night for about an hour or better each time. We think he is having stomach issues because he seems to be in a LOT of discomfort after eating...lots of gas, spit up, and irritability. Before coming to us he was being fed a lot of formula, how often I'm not sure, cereal, and even fruit. He's 6 weeks old! I was shocked. His poor little system isn't ready for all of that yet. Anyway, I got the kid's dressed and ready to go as well as myself and gathered all of baby's things.
I dropped him off first. It wasn't even hard to do that...thank goodness. I just pray that he is going to a good home who will take super good care of him and even instill christian values into him. I always ask God to watch over them, keep them safe, and provide good people to care for them throughout their life. Another prayer is that they grow up knowing the Lord and accept Jesus as their personal savior.
I was visiting with a friend last night and she helped me realize that taking this placement was actually probably an answer to prayer and God's way of calming my desires for more children right away. I was so disappointed that Trace was upset about me accepting this call, but I've realized that I feel the same and I completely understand where he was coming from and know that right now isn't the right time for additional children in our lives. I am so thankful for the way God works and that He always knows BEST! However, without accepting this placement, I may not have been totally content with where I am today, but now I am...SO CONTENT!! Thank you, Jesus.
Next, we picked up Trevor, went to Chili's for lunch, drove to Elkhart, played for a half hour or so while Trace sealed a deal selling some rims, then traveled back to Adel so I could make a 3:00p.m., long over-do, hair appointment. Then, home, supper, play, bake a cheesecake, get ready for bed, read books, put to bed.
We did have some added excitement at home tonight, which was observing Aubriana take the most steps she's ever taken...that being 4 1/2 to 5. She was so excited and proud of herself. She would smile from ear to ear and even laugh. You can see more and more confidence all over her little face now. It's so awesome to see this!! Below are some pictures to show the moments.
She's just starting off...with train in hand!
That's a couple of steps!! Lots of excitement!

Yeah!! She's so proud of herself.
Here she goes again...
Look at that confidence!
awww shes such a big girl :D I love all of you and miss you so much right now! can't wait to see you again soon..
ReplyDeleteWow Aubri you're taking steps!! I love your smiles!! Love you sweetheart!! I love and miss you all!!
ReplyDelete