Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun-Filled Day

Despite yet another blizzard this winter season, I had a wonderful, fun-filled day with my daughter! We did a ton of playing, crawling, walking, tickling, eating, and more. The house was full of giggles and laughter today as we were snowed in together. I was fortunate enough to get to stay home from work again, but Trace, on the other hand, had to go in. The day would have been perfect if he would have been home to take part in it with us. We only got to see him for about 2 hours, if that, because he slept till about 11a.m. then spent time outside cleaning up the driveway and sidewalks before having to shower and head back to punch the clock. He was supposed to get off at 11p.m. last night, but there was a fatal accident that he assisted with before calling it a night, which meant he didn't get home until around 3 a.m. I was actually scheduled to attend a doctor's appointment this morning, but ended up cancelling it because I didn't want to risk the drive to Des Moines, especially with Aubriana. The accident last night just kept playing over in my mind and I couldn't shake it. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young, 19 year old girl who was killed last night. Having to drive in this treacherous weather is the worst part of winter in my eyes.
I absolutely loved spending the day with Aubriana, we had so much fun together and it warms my heart to see her smile, hear her laugh, and cuddle her as she rests, even if it lasts only a moment!!

She's sneaking away from me trying to get me to chase her!

She likes crawling up the stairs and then having me follow behind her saying, "I'm...going...to...get...that......B A B Y." This is something Trace started saying to her as he went after her and she thinks it's hilarious. As you're coming, she's laughing and scrambling as fast as she can to get away.

Nothin but giggly smiles!!

She's been playing on this Sit 'N Spin all day, turning the music on constantly, climbling on it, and standing on it. I caught her sitting on the top of it like this tonight and finally have to admit that I haven't really shown her how to properly use this toy.

So I did!

It stopped spinning and she slid off...she's like, "Hey Yo Mom, put me back on this thing already"

She loves to spin fast. She's a wild and crazy little girl. The faster the better!

I love you, beautiful girl!

Oh, yes and one last thing...she's up to 9 steps!!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Aubriana you are so cute. You would wear Grandma out I see. You look like you are having fun and I know mommy is. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete