The next day for nap didn't go as smoothly. She DID NOT want to stay in bed and go to sleep. She kept getting up and fetching toys to play with. Over and over we went in and were stern telling her it was time to sleep and not play. She tested and tested, but finally without giving up on our end, she fell fast asleep and woke up happy! She is a very strong willed child and it's important we don't back down, but remain persistent in teaching her boundaries. I know that children long for those boundaries and consistency and with that comes the tough part for the parents to not give in. It's definitely harder for me than it is for him, but I know she's really okay and wants that from us. He does a really good job with her and helps me remain strong as well. He reminds me we're doing her no favors or justice if we give in, but harming her instead. I know he's exactly right.
Now tonight, she went down perfectly again! I think nap time will be the hardest, but only for a couple of times. |
No comments:
Post a Comment