Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 - Part 1...Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas! Wow...I cannot believe another Christmas has come and gone already. All the build up, preparation, anticipation, and then...POOF...it's all done and over with. I wish Christmas lasted a couple of weeks with family, friends, food, and the celebration of Jesus' birth. With that said, we had a fabulous Christmas with family and friends!! The only thing that would have made it perfect would be to have been able to celebrate in person with my mom, dad, sister, brother, and his family. I'll give a quick run down of how our Christmas played out.




Christmas Eve:

We spent the day together as a family. Trace asked and asked if we could open our presents all afternoon and finally he won. He was so excited to give me my gift that he didn't even want to wrap it, he just gave it to me! Once he buys something, he has a really hard time holding onto it without telling what it is or giving it early. I got a Skagen watch and it's BEAUTIFUL! Of course it doesn't fit me, they never do, so I have to take it to get it sized. Thanks honey, I love it! So, then he and Aubri opened their presents prior to our company arriving.




Aubriana opening gifts with Daddy's help.


Ooh...pink instruments!


She really is having fun, believe it or not!



Silly baby!


Aubri's Christmas hat.



Me opening a gift from Aubri...Aeropostale hoodie!!

Mommy helping Aubri open more gifts...this one is clothes!

Each year, this being the third, we have Trevor and his mom & dad over to our home for Christmas. I make a simple meal along with lots of snacks and goodies. The first year I can't remember what we ate, the second year, I made homemade pizza's and this year was Chili and Oyster Stew. We always have an enjoyable time together visiting, eating, playing, and opening gifts. This year the game of choice was bowling on the Wii.


Trace getting us started off.

Trevor....you're up!


We played dinosaurs too!

Angie, Myron, Trevor

Every year I buy ornaments for Trevor and will for Aubri now every year too. This year was lower case letters of their first name...a & t

A huge Monster Truck!


We should got Aubri one too!

Aubri got a talking/singing broom from Trevor and his family!

Sweep, sweep, sweep

It was a wonderful evening with Trevor and his mom and dad. This was the night of the start of a huge winter storm in store for us and by 7:00 o'clock it had started. They loaded up and headed for Avon Lake. Angie called when she got home and said the roads were already covered, but they were home safe and sound.

Earlier today I had talked to Trace about heading for Elkhart when they left so that we would be there for Christmas Day because by the sound of the news, travel would not be possible tomorrow. We didn't leave at 7:00 when they did, but instead put the baby to bed and hung out together watching CSI on TV. Around 10pm Trace asked if I still wanted to go to Elkhart. He went to scout out the road conditions and reported back...we packed up and headed out. Roads were completely snow covered and deep in places. There weren't many vehicles out, which was nice, and we arrived in Elkhart around 11:00 p.m. Aubri was up until midnight, but we were all together.
While I was packing, Aubri awoke and stood up in her crib just like she knew it was time to go. She was wide awake and happy to be going on an adventure ride!




























1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness - scary ride I bet. Looks like everyone enjoyed the evening.

    ReplyDelete