Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Baking...

Another one of my favorite things to do during the season is...bake Christmas goodies! This is something I usually do with my mom and sister, but with them living in Arkansas we weren't able to make that happen this year. Instead, I tackled this fun project with my mother-in-law and we had a blast. It was also fun because Aubriana was a part of it. The pictures to come show her helping me decorate the sugar cookies. I'm not sure if her favorite part was watching the sugar fly all over the kitchen or eating the cookies!! At any rate, it was tons of fun for all, even for Grandma (Na Na) Joan as she cleaned up our many messes throughout the day.


Okay...mommy will help you!

"I'm a big girl, I can do it all by myself"

"See..."

"Just like so"

"This is the best and I'm the best decorator!!"

"I've gotta make sure they're okay for eating"

Our finished product!

It was a productive day. We ended up finishing with: Sugar Cookies, Puppy Chow, Oatmeal Crispies, Kalotchees (not sure how to spell), Almond Bark Pretzels, Corn Puff Caramel Corn, Butterscotch Cashew Bars, and Fudge. The two things we didn't get finished, but I have the ingredients for and plan to finish in the next day or two are: Peanut Butter Balls and Pretzel Rolo Pecan thingies! We also got homemade peanut brittle from Aunt Barb so I think we're set with plenty of candy and treats!

3 comments:

  1. Geez, show off! Just kidding. now i know where i need to be to get my sweet tooth fix...YOUR HOUSE! I'm so glad for you that you get to share all of this wonderful mom stuff with Aubri! Because I've been so sick, we are just sticking to pre-made pre-printed cookies from the box. Loser mom, right here! Don't tell anyone, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Yum! Yum!
    Recipes, recipes, recipes! Share, share, share!
    Merry Christmas, sweet Kendigs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison!! Which ones would you like? Nothin fancy about mine and are all very simple. Love your Christmas card - Thank you!! When are you coming to Iowa for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete